Thursday, November 05, 2015

Listen while you work

When I sew, when I walk, when I drive ... I listen to podcasts. Here are a few of the craft, maker, sewing, quilting, ones I like:

The Crafty Planner - Sandi Hazlewood, the host, is, as she says in the intro, "a city planner who loves all things crafty." Her podcast leans toward fabric and quilt designers, but includes other types of creatives. Sandi most often asks about creative process and these discussions are often quite interesting.

While She Naps - Abby Glassenburg interviews people in the sewing/quilting/craft business. I like the recommendations section of each podcast where she invites her guest to share two or three recommendations. These range from useful tools to time management apps, to books, and lots more. Abby also focuses quite a bit on the business side of creative work.

Smart, Creative Women - Monica Lee, the host, is a little gushy for my taste, but she has some interesting guests. Lots here on branding, styling, and trends as well as encouraging creative pursuits.

I also listen to LOTS of recorded books using the Freading app on my phone. And then there's Pandora. My most listened to stations lately - Gillian Welch, The Wailin' Jennys, Jill Phillips, The Oh Hello's (thanks for that one, Joel) and when I don't want words, Arvo Part.


No comments: