Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Let's catch up, shall we?

Well, I am still here, but I've hit one of those blog dry spells.  Plenty of living but little time or desire to write it all down.  I am up waaay too late tonight waiting for a pavlova to finish baking, so how about a little catching up ...

I've been sewing, of course.

This "Soccer Star" quilt front is finished.


I've had a lot of fun piecing the leftovers.  I had started doing this before finding Victoria Findlay Wolfe's site.  I like her emphasis on play with the fabric, creating "made" fabrics.




 I'm teaching my friends Peg and Ciin Niang to sew.  I've never taught anyone to sew before so I'm learning, too.  It is a real joy to see them both get the hang of using the machine and then to watch their creativity begin to blossom!




With spring, the critters have arrived ...


a baby rat snake
and

a Cope's gray treefrog.

They both like the porch.  
I don't mind the tree frog, but the rat snake was removed to the woods where he belongs.


There's been plenty of soccer ...

The photo below was taken after the last game of the regular season in which Joel's club team beat the #1 team in their division.  Then it was on to the State Cup tournament where they tied one and won one in the first weekend of group play.  This Saturday's game determines whether or not they will move on to the semi-finals.





And my sister-in-law came for a visit ... 

I happily introduced Lindele to Mary Jo's where we spent a very delightful couple of hours searching for the perfect fabrics for a wall quilt she is making,







The next day, we tried to go to the McGill Rose Garden, but it was closed.  Yes, I checked the website and yes, it was supposed to be open.  Not sure why it wasn't.  We admired the flowers from outside the fence and breathed in the fragrance wafting through the air.




There's more, but my pavlova's done and it's past time to hit the sack.  Hopefully, I'll be back before too long ...

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Such gorgeous roses Beth! I'm leaning in to get a deep whiff!

Sure wish I could be part of that sewing class!

xo

Laura A said...

Yes, I understand about the blog "dry spell." It has been that way for me too lately. But it's nice to catch up with you!

P.S. I really admire a good rat snake ;-). Learned that from my husband!