Friday, March 15, 2013

Rice bag pillows

I frequently buy basmati rice in large burlap bags at the Indian grocery.  I've had one on hand for quite a while and finally got around to turning it into two pillows.  Some scraps from the stash of Indian sari fabrics and some beautiful turquoise ridged cotton, also from India, a little sewing machine play, and voila ...

Two Basmati rice bag pillows ...




The front of the bag has a zipper so making this pillow was a snap...


This one has no zipper (same Royal logo and burlap on the other side).
I made an overlapping flap with a velcro strip closure. 

If I was an honest to goodness blogging sewist, I'd have a detailed tutorial for you, but these were a spur of the moment, fabric play, make-it-up-as-you-go project.

I just love 'em.

3 comments:

Kay Pinckney said...

Cute! :)

tonia said...

Genius! I really, really like these, B!

Julie T said...

Those are too cute Beth.