Saturday, September 22, 2012

Tri-training: All marked and ready to go!

I went to pick up my race packet this afternoon - race numbers for shirt, bike, and helmet and my official ramblin' rose t-shirt (yay!).  While at the pick-up, we were also "marked" (or "tatted," as Kay said) for the event so that officials and spectators can keep track and cheer for us by name.  You'll see what I mean ...


Swim start group number ...


Race number on both legs ...


Name on left arm (so people can cheer for us by name, the race workers told me today!)


Race number on right arm, and ...


Age on the right calf!

This evening, Thomas and Kay came over and brought a triathlon cake they had made!



Swim!


Bike!


Run!


Isn't it great!

 I've got all my gear ready, put my race numbers where they go, laid out my tri-suit for the morning and had my cake.  Time to go to bed and hope to sleep!

Can't wait for tomorrow!















4 comments:

Bonnie said...

that is a fun, fun cake!
Beautiful weather. We will be praying for you!

Erica said...

Have a wonderful race tomorrow, Beth! Excited for you and can't wait to read about it. You are so fit, it's awesome!!!

llasblog said...

Oh, oh! You're probably competing right now! I'll say a prayer for you.

And I LOVE those blue icing waves!

Sean and Lisa said...

Love the cake! Can't wait for you to post how things went. Way to go Beth, way to go!!