Thursday, August 30, 2012

Needle and ThREAD #14: The next quilt

Now that the sari quilts are on their way, it's time to start the next quilt.  I've been gathering fabrics for a little while for a quilt for my mom and for her birthday, I gave her a little box with some of the fabric squares that have already been cut and a few squares that have been pieced.  Of course, I brought it all back home with me and now my table is strewn with greens, yellows, and a few cranberry reds.

There is such excitement to starting a new project.  Can't wait to see how this one comes together as I get to know these fabrics and spend time with new color and pattern combinations.

Perhaps the hardest part for me is deciding on a pattern.  I loved working with the different values in Thomas and Kay's quilt and also enjoyed the play with half-square triangles in a two color range, made from a variety of pattern shapes and sizes in my chosen colors.  So, I'm going to do something similar this time.  I'll show you more as it comes along.

For now, just a peek at some fabrics ...


Mama's first peek on her birthday


Greens and yellows with a little red thrown in


and a slowly growing stack of half-triangle squares!

For reading this week ...

In the interest of fighting my penchant for having far too many books going at one time, I took a huge stack back to the library yesterday.  They were wonderful books and I had fun dipping into them, but for now it's time to focus.


The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard is the current read with our book group.  I am digging in.

needle and thREAD




No comments: