Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Needle and ThREAD #11: Totes

I should be sewing bindings on quilts, but instead I've been making bags.  I finished Angie's bag and made another one today.  It's a surprise for someone.  Shhhhh!  Can't tell.


Surprise bag on the left and Angie's on the right.  Angie's is reversible, with a khaki fabric and second African print on the bottom of the alternate side.


This fun tote is made from a heavy canvas with the rust fabric lining (same as Angie's bag) and another African print from my stash for pockets.  There is a pocket panel on the front, a water-bottle sized pocket on the side, and small key pocket on the back.



Detail of the key pocket with clip for keys.  I like this bag so much.  Think I'm going to have to make one for me!

And what about reading this week ...

Working my way through some of the books mentioned last week, but mostly reading Framework for guidance on training in a way that makes my bones and joints strong.  (post coming on arthritis and exercise).

needle and thREAD

2 comments:

Tina Marie said...

I love the bags. I especially like the idea of a clip for keys. I am forever digging for my keys.

Meadow said...

Lovely bags!