Thursday, June 21, 2012

Needle and ThREAD #4: The Sari Bari quilt, continued

We are making good progress on the Saribari quilt.  Kristin came over on Monday and we finished fusing interfacing to our brown fabric and cut out the rest of the triangles we will need for our squares. After I ironed on the interfacing, Kristin cut out the triangles.  I love that some of them will have bits of gold thread in them.  Can you see the one on the ironing board?



Today was supposed to be another work day with friends but I started getting a cold last night, so I called it off.  Instead, I worked quietly and steadily, choosing strips and sewing.  I finished four more squares so now we have 15 of the 36 we'll need for the quilt.  It's coming along!




My reading list for this week is the same as last week.  Reading Eudora Welty on the porch on a summer morning seems just right.

In addition to the books, I watched Wives and Daughters while I sewed today.  I "read" the book last year ... meaning I listened to it (thanks to librivox.org) while I walked.  The movie is a freebie on Amazon Prime and I enjoyed it ... a good thing to do on a laying low kind of day.


needle and thREAD




1 comment:

Amber Benton said...

Hope you are feeling better?!