Thursday, April 05, 2012

Well, now ...

that little bit of April foolery was fun, wasn't it.  There was just enough truth in that food post to fool even two of my children.  They were lured in by mention of the fiddleheads ...

"Oh, yes, we did eat those, but I don't remember that we ate them that much ... maybe I just don't remember."

The nettles got them worried ...

"Wait a minute, ski masks.  I don't think we did that.  What's going on here?"

The woodchuck fricassee should have given it away ... but instead of remembering it was April Fool's, they were starting to get mad and worried ...

"Why is she saying these things?  We didn't eat that!  What is wrong with her?  Is she making this up - or losing her mind?  Has her memory gone completely."

The fresh water mussels bit really got to my mussels connoisseur ...

"I know I didn't do that!!!  Why is she lying????"

And on it went until, by the end of the post, two of my boys were completely irritated, "literally fuming," said one, and questioning their mother's sanity and truthfulness.

Got 'em good this time!

The funny thing is, a lot of people believed that we really ate woodchuck.  Seriously??? Woodchuck???  And that we had a goat named Mabel and grew all our soybeans.  No folks, we didn't do those things and no, I didn't find a stash of candy wrappers in Erin's closet, though I did find and surreptitiously dispose of her entire paper and plastic bag collection once.  But that's a story for another day.

Before I sign off for the night, here's one little bit of sewing I finished today ... no fooling!


All fabrics from my stash ...


A proper bow in the back


Covered buttons, which I love! 


and a toile waistband.  Very sweet.

I used Lindsay's Party Dress tutorial which was very easy to follow. My sash is done a little differently than hers since I used two different fabrics.  

OK, off to bed now.  Tomorrow I'll tell you what we really ate!



2 comments:

Kelly Keller said...

What does it say that the thing that threw me had nothing to do with food, but rather that you sent the children to buy milk "by the time they could walk"?! Who sends a one-year-old to the convenience store for milk?! Really, Beth, I thought you were more responsible than that ;-D

I love the buttons!

Erin said...

I can't wait til it gets here! Clara has been wanting to wear dresses a lot lately "to dance in" - I think I need to get cracking on more play dresses for her!