Friday, December 16, 2011

Long, slow exhale ...

Done.  For a little while. (except for grading two tests and finalizing the bio syllabus for the spring - but we won't talk about that right now).

Classes are over.  One son is home.  Another is coming soon.  My house is clean.

We had a very lovely visit with Missy, John, and the boys, who pulled in last night after their concert was over.  We visited over hot cider and popcorn and I loved that three of my big boys and one daughter-in-law were here to just hang out, too.  We started again this morning over coffee and breakfast and lingered long.  What a perfect way to start our break.

I have stayed in my pj's all day.  This is unheard of for me ... but after a very busy fall when it seems that I had either a soccer game, a pressing class deadline, or some other looming time demand, the pj's are a reminder to myself that it's time to breathe out.

After our friends left, I sat with Andrew and Kay and drank tea and finished a scarf.


Then, I watched Cranford and sewed.

I might change out of my pj's in a little bit and go for a slow walk.

There is no hurry for anything today.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Great day to stay in pjs and do all that. One son home so far here. Coming in from Boone tonight. May the days be merry!

Missy K said...

Being in your home was such a gift! Glad you had a well-earned quiet day.

Many many blessings!