Saturday, September 17, 2011

Recently finished

I know I've been absent for a couple of weeks, but posting here has needed to take a back seat to lesson planning, teaching, soccer games, birthdays, and company.  But it's another quiet Saturday - well, except for the noise of the stump grinder outside, eating away at the big old oak tree stumps from the trees we had cut down earlier this summer.  Anyway, Joel's at work, Coty's upstairs working, and I have a morning to myself.

I've finished a couple of sweaters in the last two weeks ...


Kay's birthday sweater in a gorgeous llama silk yarn by Plymouth, that was a charm to work with and feels soooo good.  Soft, cushy, warm.  The pattern, Buttony Sweater, is a free Ravelry download.  I left the sleeves short and made the sweater a little shorter than the pattern.


Then I finished this little baby sweater for a friend at church.  This is the same pattern I used for Clara's Easter sweater which is the sweater pictured in the header.  It's called Swing Thing, also a Ravelry freebie.


This sweater is on the needles now in some of the alpaca I brought home from Bolivia.  Don't hold your breath for a picture.  It may take me a while!

5 comments:

Missy K said...

What lovely colors to have been handling!

Beth said...

Missy,
The baby sweater is really prettier than the picture. The light wasn't great so it didn't show up too well. It was a pretty heathered pink. And also quite soft!

Amber Benton said...

I noticed Kay's sweater yesterday morning, but didn't get a chance to speak with her. It was gorgeous! Our Septemer b'days are later in the month so waiting to start school is not really an option - we just squeeze'em in! Glad to 'hear' that stump grinder :) I'm going to try and round all those numbers up for you some time today!!

Bonnie said...

The lovely sweaters! Ahh ~~ so beautiful!

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous sweaters! You got the buttons on and that one is so lovely!