Friday, August 05, 2011

Not Africa

Nope, not Africa.  For years, I've been telling people I'd be somewhere in Africa in 2011.  But, as I said in that last post, God's plans are not always the same as our plans.

Where are we going, you may be wondering...

Bolivia!  We're going to Bolivia - going to visit some dear friends.  And I can't wait!

Our friends, Scotty and Lisa have been serving with SIM in Bolivia for several years and it's about time someone from our church here in the states went to visit.  Coty has been invited to speak at some pastor's conferences and I'm just really, really happy to get to spend time with Lisa.

I'd write more about our trip, but I'm headed out the door in an hour to go visit another friend a couple of hours away, and speak at her church tomorrow morning.  I'll be talking about healthy eating and doing a food demonstration, showing the women how to make some of my favorite colorful summer salads.  This is my first foray into teaching about food and cooking to a group. It's going to be fun!  Perhaps not the best timing, given that we still have to pack and get ready to leave for Bolivia on Monday.  But, that's how we roll around here sometimes!  When it rains, it pours.  Which, incidentally, it is doing at this very moment!

OK, off to finish getting the food in the cooler and then get on the road.  Happy Friday, all!




1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Hope today's speaking on food went well AND the tasting!