Friday, August 19, 2011

Catching up...

...but not today!

I feel like I have so much catching up to do here - pictures and stories from Bolivia, recipes and notes from the food talk and demo to share with you, thoughts about the upcoming school year and teaching and yarn and the garden and being the mother of adult children and walking and on and on...

But, today is for Matthew, who leaves tomorrow for his second year at BCS.  He's off very early in the morning to fly to Minneapolis.

Andrew headed back to Furman while we were in Bolivia, so we returned to the sad sight of his empty bedroom.  Tomorrow, we'll be back down to one at home.

Joel told me this morning that it feels sort of strange having his brothers and a lot of his friends heading off to college and he's still here.  But he's OK with it.  And I'm quite OK with it.  In fact, I'm very happy with it and not at all ready for him to fly the nest.  That time will come soon enough.

For now, time to check on the packing.  I'll take the boys to my favorite place for ice cream in the early afternoon and then be busy on a very nice family dinner.  I must send my boy off with happy thoughts of good food and good times around the table.

I'll be back in a day or so to start that catching up.

No comments: