Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Even in suburbia...

we have our neighborhood farmers and honor system produce stands.  Makes me happy.



I paid what I hope the farmer agrees was a fair price for a nice little bag of yellow squash.  We roasted them for dinner.  Here's how:

Preheat oven to 450.
Slice thinly
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray or olive oil.
Spread the squash in one layer.
Sprinkle with sea salt and lemon pepper (or plain pepper, if you prefer).
Roast for 10 minutes.
Some of the really thin pieces will get a little dark and crispy.  We love 'em that way.

6 comments:

Laura said...

I have missed your lovely recipes! I hope life is good. Sure sounds (and looks!) like it. Many blessings, Beth.

kkp said...

this is awesome! i love it!

we've got a huge-a mint plant and a rosemary bush growing on our windowsill, in addition to a small but eager basil plant. sad we don't have a real garden.

also sad we didn't get to take you to the boulder farmer's market while you were here. it's like an organic farmers market on crack and steroids at the same time.

Beth said...

Laura,
Thanks so much. I've moved most of the recipes over to the food blog that I share with my daughter.

http://ourgoodfood.blogspot.com/

Hope you are doing well. It's been a while!

Beth said...

Kandyce,
Boulder Farmer's Market - next time!

Kathie said...

That's the way we love them too - add in sweet potatoes, peppers, parsnips and onions - a nice roast veggie dish!

we have the same selling system here too - mostly potatoes. But not for a month and half.

I have a question - if you are in high summer right now - what are you in August? I don't know that I could handle that heat - our NOrthern blood is too thick :)

Beth said...

Kathie,
In August, we harvest our tomatoes and peppers, plant our fall garden and go to the beach!