Friday, May 06, 2011

Non-electronic



On our flight home from Denver we scored another automatic upgrade to first class.  Toward the end of the flight, Coty stood up to stretch. He looked around the cabin and then sat down to tell me that I was the only one in the cabin NOT using some sort of electronic device - laptop, e-reader, smart phone, mp3 player, you name it. Everybody else was plugged in.

I was connected to a different type of cord.  Lllama silk yarn, that is, which will someday be this sweater.  One of the nice things about spending time with Kandyce is that she showed me all kinds of great patterns and gave me lots of ideas.  This is one of them.

2 comments:

Laura A said...

Good for you! I've noticed the rise in electronic devices as well. I usually read, but sometimes I take an iPod to listen to music or sermons.

I've heard so many confusing things about whether one can take knitting needles on a plane, so I'm glad to know you can. Seems like that would be the perfect activity for having to sit for a long time!

Beth said...

My knitting needles are Harmony interchangeable wooden ones. Don't know if that makes a difference, but I've never been questioned. And yes, I got a lot of knitting done on that flight.