Tuesday, February 15, 2011

One thoughtful man

OK, my husband is one thoughtful man.  I told you yesterday how he warms up the bed for me. He knows me.  He knows how much I dislike being cold.  So, he heads upstairs before me, brushes his teeth, and crawls in on my side of the bed.  Usually.

After writing that post last night, I went upstairs fully expecting to see him curled up under the covers on my side.  It was Valentine's Day, after all, right!  But, no. He was on his side of the bed.  Reading.

I thought about mentioning the post to him and making a little joke. Instead, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, and got on my pj's.  By the time I got done and walked in the bedroom, there he was, on my side.  He knew how long it would take me to get my  "stuff" done.  He probably knows down to the tenth of a second.  He's like that, with numbers and timing and accuracy.  He was on my side in plenty of time to get it warm. 

He knows me, he does.

Today, I found out about a retreat I would love to attend.  I sent Coty a message just mentioning it to him.  I wasn't even sure it was really a possibility for me to go. Then I went out and ran errands and had tea with a friend.  When I got home a couple of hours later, there in my inbox was a receipt for the conference registration fee.  That man had gone online, read about the conference, and signed me up on the spot.

Like I said, he is one thoughtful man.  And I am one very thankful woman.

5 comments:

Amber Benton said...

So glad we will be there together. David had to tell me three times that I really could go before I believed him. What a nice surprise for you -- I was sure the spots would be taken up on the first day - I mean really, only 75 spots?

Much love - and thank you for being my interior decorator consultant.

Lindele said...

This is so great!

Beth said...

Amber,
I'm so glad you're going to be able to go, too. Tell David thanks from me!

Lindele,
Yes, it IS great!

tonia said...

I sure wish I could go to that too. So many friends will be there!!!

I miss you. Love you.

Beth said...

T,
I sure wish you could hop on a plane and join us in NC. I know it's full, but I'd sleep on the floor for you!