Tuesday, January 04, 2011

First Tuesday - 2011

I hardly know where to start.  We had a house full of company, Christmas celebrations, a birthday, an anniversary, a rehearsal dinner, AND a wedding.  In a week.  After a last breakfast visit with departing extended family members yesterday, I came home and got the downstairs in order. Then I stopped.  As in full stop.  Period.  With a book and a pot of tea.  I didn't move from my chair for several hours.  It was wonderful.

In all midst of all the celebrating, a new year has come and I have thought very little about goals and desires for this year.  Organizing a wedding tends to push other thoughts to the background!  So, when I went to pick up a few more snacks for the groomsmen on the morning of the wedding (which was also New Year's Day) and the cashier at the store asked if I had any resolutions, I thought for a second and said, "To keep doing the good things."

One of the "good things" I will keep doing is this intentional chronicling of thanks.  Just as last year, one day early in the week, I will join with many others in giving thanks.  It is a very important marker for me, a cairn of remembrances that grows each week.


I read this morning in Psalm 40:
You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told.
and
...may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation say continually, "Great is the LORD!"

With the psalmist, as I count and recount God's wondrous deeds, His endless gifts this year, I say Great is the LORD!

#1576 - 1590

Thomas and Kay are married
Family came and went, traveling safely
Adoring uncles doted on Clara
Everything pulled together so beautifully
So many sweet words were spoken to Thomas and Kay at the rehearsal dinner
We had incredible help from family and friends
Beautiful music - piano and cello
We had time to really visit
Fun - lots of fun
Aunts, uncles, cousins!!!
The "dream" maid of honor - Sarah was such a delight and help
Good, old friends who traveled far to be with us
And the food - delicious, plentiful, beautiful
All my children under one roof for a whole week!
Time to rest

 

2 comments:

Kathie said...

What a very rich and blessed time you've had! Congratulations to everyone! I'm thanking the Lord with you.

tonia said...

so happy for all your full days and all that joy dripping around on everything. :)

congratulations and now...rest.