Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fifty-first Monday

This year draws to a close in a whirlwind of preparations for family coming home and Thomas and Kay's wedding.  Because there is so much going on, I have to carve out quiet moments in the early morning to read and walk.  If I don't, I tend to get off kilter.  Lists loom large, time seems short, I start to panic.  But if I will start the morning slowly with a cup of tea and my Bible, a good book and some poetry, prayer and quiet, then the lists don't seem so daunting.  They are put into perspective and the Lord reminds me that He is the one who orders my days, who guides my planning and working, and who gives energy for it all.  I am so thankful for...

1561.  Andrew and Matthew home and eager for good home cooking!!!
1562.  Jonathan and Kandyce arriving Friday
1563.  Erin, Luke, and Clara arriving next Monday
1564.  A house full
1565.  Family time with all of us together soon - so rare!
1566.  Beds to make, meals to cook
1567.  The fun of gift making and giving
1568.  Shopping with my boys
1569.  Helping hands in the kitchen
1570.  Reading and praying together

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I keep thinking how festive your house must be! I love that beginning of how you HAVE to carve out quiet moments. Hope your mind can be quiet too. I will pray that!

Kelly said...

Sounds like the makings of a couple of wonderful weeks! Soak it all up!

L Garcia Muro said...

Hi, sounds like you're on the right track. God will always be with you when things get alittle busy. Let God guide you to a beautiful day with your family.