Thursday, December 23, 2010

The end of an era...

Joel got his driver's license today.  Yes, he really is that old.  I know!  It's rather hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I am no longer needed to drive this young man to work, class, or soccer practice.  Today he went... by himself ... driving himself ... to finish his Christmas shopping!  I stayed home and cried.  No, I really didn't cry.  I actually cooked and wrapped Christmas presents... which was quite lovely.

 This is one of my favorite recent pictures of Joel.  I think his soon-to-be-sister-in-law, Kay, took this after a soccer game back in the fall.  Just love that smile.

Want to take a little walk down memory lane with me....


Joel and his Cameroonian buddy, the summer of 2002, before we returned from Cameroon and moved to NC


First soccer season playing for the Covenant Varsity soccer team.


Thanksgiving - three years ago....

And  Thanksgiving last year. 
Uncle Joel and his new niece, Clara. 
Can't wait to see them together again in a few days time.


The other exciting news here.  These two arrive tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

love that picture of Joel from 2002. That is how I picture him when we first met you. I remember meeting all of you guys taking Tommy for one of his first stroller rides after he was born. Remember when Tommy used to call Joel and Matthew one name.....MattJoel? He would walk outside and call MATTJOEL, hoping they would come over and play! WOW - that seems like so long ago! Merry Christmas to you and your family Beth!