Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Forty-second Tuesday

Today is another of those glorious autumn days.  Cool to start, bright clear sky, plenty of sun.  As we drove to co-op this morning, the mist was rising over the fields.

As we started our day, Coty was ending his.  On the other side of the globe, he looked forward to a night of rest after a long, long trip.  Over here on this continent, we welcomed the morning.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalm 118: 24 and 29

1367.  Safe travel to Indonesia for Coty
1368.  A wedding planning evening with Kay and her mom
1369.  Amy's help in planning

1370.  A friend who sticks a dead bird in the freezer so I can use it in class!  I know.  That sounds weird, but I am really  thankful for a friend that knew I'd appreciate that and got excited about saving the beautiful cardinal for me to use!

1371. Helpful landscape and nursery people who take time and answer all my questions
1372.  Feathery pink plumes of muhly grass, now waving in my front garden
1373.  Hard river rock
1374.  Soft, rich humusy soil
1375.  The slanting afternoon sun glinting on water droplets in a newly watered garden
1376.  Colors of pansies

1377.  Praying friends
1378.  Offers of help
1379.  Boys at home
1380.  Long-distance phone calls




holy experience




2 comments:

Kristi said...

I am so glad he made it there safely! I have been praying for him!

Coty Pinckney said...

Thank you, Kristi!