Wednesday, October 20, 2010

And for dinner....

after muscling out those azaleas, we had....

Wait.  I have to explain first.  It was dark when I stopped working in the garden.  Past time to start dinner.  Thomas rolled in from work and asked what we were having.  I hadn't started anything.  He had a definite hankering for something, so, he went to the store and came home with...

these.

I know.  Not typical dinner fare around here.  But, when you're beat from wrestling azaleas, you're at a weak point and anything sounds good, especially if someone offers to fix it.  Thomas did saute onions and sweet red peppers to go with our dogs, so dinner wasn't a total nutritional loss!

And don't worry.  Tonight we're having homemade corn chowder and a big salad!

3 comments:

Amber Benton said...

I've never heard of those before. We do have hot dogs every now and then. You didn't want to post that on Good Food? LOL!

Beth said...

That's funny, Amber! Thomas got them at Lowes and actually, they were pretty good. Very tasty. Best of all, I didn't have to do a thing!

Islandsparrow said...

ooh yummy!! They look so good. And of course onions and red peppers round them out nicely.

Corn chowder sounds good too.

I think I"m hungry :)