Thursday, September 30, 2010

Andrew reminded me tonight....

of a few things I left off my list yesterday...

our Cameroonian menagerie which included chickens, a hawk, tiny birds in a homemade cage, Pippin (a tame weaver bird) and Ardo, the cat who killed Pippin in an instant of feline instinctual behavior.  I thought Andrew was going to kill the cat, he was so upset.  Sweet little bird never knew what got him, it happened so fast!  We forgave that kitty, though.  He used to sit on my shoulder when I read my Bible in the morning, and when we were packing to come back to the states, he tried to climb in the boxes.  We had to leave him behind, but he went to a good home....

and

Andrew DID go to the ER when he broke his collar bone.  He was trying to see how fast he could go down a very long steep hill on his bike and hit a bump and went flying.  So, I guess every Pinckney child has visited the ER at least once!

and

"foster" bunnies and kittens.  We had them a LONG time ago.  They were sure cute!


Speaking of Andrew...I a sure miss him but I'm extremely thankful these days for facebook chat and skype.  It makes having a son in Belgium a lot easier. 

I'm thankful, too, for collective family memory.  I'm very much looking forward to the next time we all sit down together and remember...

No comments: