310. the smell of fresh ground cinnamon taking me away to another place.
311. cicada's hum - the music of summer
312. a happy task - sewing of curtains for grandbaby - almost done!
313. husband and son sitting in the room with me and talking while I iron and pin and stitch.
314. the best watermelon of the season finished - but the farmer's market is today.
315. the ability to swim, a clean pool, and all the hard work it takes to keep it that way.
316. children in the nursery, sitting on my lap, reading books
317. music from the service piped into the nursery and voices singing praise.
318. precious senior saints, Earl and Catherine, and their funny stories at lunch
319. family love
320. a beach trip coming coming
321. a baby coming coming
322. a wedding coming
323. work to love and a new year of learning, time to prepare and excitement for what's ahead
324. a diagnosis, better than it could have been
325. people who care deeply and do something about it
326. that God has put those people in my life
And while I list and thank God for these gifts so varied - some large, some seemingly trivial - I pray for grace to live in thanksgiving with eyes wide open to see more. I pray to be shaped by gratitude, to be molded in such a way that thanksgiving is my natural language.