Friday, December 12, 2008

One of those "I love my cat" posts...

Well, it's true. I do love my cat. He's been around almost as long as Joel. We almost lost him to a coyote when we lived in Massachusetts. We left him with friends when we went to Cameroon for a year. We almost gave him to those dear friends who fell in love with him that year, thinking it would be easier on him than moving. But Joel was heartbroken at the thought. So, good old Madison moved, too.

He's a great cat. Very mellow. Very patient. More demonstrative in his old age, and now, getting a bit uppity...in regard to the table, that is. This cat NEVER used to jump on tables or counters or anyplace he wasn't supposed to be. But now....

Well, he seems to think, as an elderly gentleman, he's entitled to read the paper in the comfort of the morning sun...



on top of the table.

Wonder if he's concerned more about low income condos not living up to the name or disappearing country ham. Probably the ham.

Yeah, I do love my cat. Especially when I find him curled up on my chair in the morning, warming it up for me.
There's just nothing more cozy than coming downstairs on a cold morning, making a good cup of coffee, and sitting down to read in a chair warmed by your cat...especially, when the good old cat just slides over and lets you sit beside him and rub his furry chin. I guess I can forgive him if he gets a bit uppity. He more than makes up for it.

3 comments:

kk said...

YAY for kitties, for birthdays, for cups of hot tea, YAY for one day until j gets home (except that means his departure for egypt-schmeegypt is all the closer), and YAY for upcoming travels.

just yay, really. :) i am so excited.

Beth said...

Yay! pretty much sums up how I've felt all day. And I think everybody else around here is feeling that same way, waiting for all the wandering, faraway loved ones to walk in the door. Soon, very soon!

Erin said...

Yay! I hope good old Chief Cheek-tongue-eye/Firepot/Madison doesn't hide from Sadie the whole time we're visiting. I love that old quirky kitty. :)

And YAY for travels!!! I am so excited, too!!! :)