Thursday, November 13, 2008

Matthew's day...

...included video work in the city and soccer with local kids. When he was told by an interpreter that the children were afraid of his shoes because none of them had any on, he took them off and played barefoot. Now that's just something one of my boys would do after a childhood with plenty of barefoot running and soccer playing. We grow 'em with tough feet around here. I'm glad he was willing to connect with the kids but it's really not too surprising. He's a kid magnet and has always been good at playing games with little ones. He's very creative that way. I was once told I should consider starting a "Rent a Big Brother" business. And soccer. Well, that's a natural thing for him to do.

Anyway, later he and Jacob went to a local mall in the city and people came up to him and said, "Hey, aren't you the one that was playing soccer?" I guess it's pretty easy to pick him out in a crowd in a city where practically everyone has dark hair. I think his barefoot soccer and blond hair may be bringing him a little celebrity status. I can't wait to sit down with him in early December and hear all these stories in person. I hope he's keeping a good journal!

Thanks for your continued prayers.

No comments: