Friday, September 12, 2008

This has never happened before....

OK, I know I was tired yesterday. After all, I did get up at 5:15 to make chocolate chip scones for my very early rising students who hit the books with a little flavorful incentive....

And I know I have a lot of gray hair. But usually people think it's frosted or blond and are surprised when I show them that it really is gray....

And I know I'm not a hip dresser like my dear friend, C. But hey, I did have on a very nice Furman embroidered T-shirt and a peppy little skort....

So, why did the girl at the check-out at the health food store yesterday ask me if I was a senior citizen???!!!

Ouch. That has never happened before.

Maybe she knew I was anticipating the weekend ahead when I will play grandma to the Goudas kids. Did she think I was looking particularly ....um .... mature???

Or have I been deceived by all those people who seem surprised when I tell them that I have a 25 year old daughter?

Perhaps, I should have asked that check-out girl to make good on her mistake and give me my sunflower, sesame, and flax seeds for free. But wait a minute, she looked like she was about 12 so she probably would have had to go and ask someone older....like me!

2 comments:

Jen Unsell said...

Beth, you do NOT look like a senior citizen. Not even close!

Brenda@CoffeeTeaBooks said...

My son was born when I was thirty-five (he is nearly nineteen now).

During pregnancy, it is not recommended that you dye your hair, especially with dark brown dye.

For months after he was born, everyone at stores and such commented about my grandson!!!

I started coloring my hair again.

Now I really am a grandmother and my gray hair is my glory. I didn't feel that way at thirty-five. :)