Sunday, September 21, 2008

For simple pleasures...

171. A perfect cup of tea

172. A gift of cheesecake

173. A movie with Coty

174. A soft, draping shawl

175. My purring cat

I give thanks.


For bigger gifts...

176. The joining of two lives that have experienced deep pain and loss and now find new joy.

177. A son doing well in college, making new friends, growing up.

178. Another son, who constantly checks, "How are you doing today, Mommy?" and who makes me smile with his sweet thoughtfulness.

179. This morning's sermon that instructed, encouraged, and spurred on.

180. For a full week ahead with work, play, travel, and more.


I give thanks.


Thou hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, - a grateful heart;
Not thankful when it pleaseth me,
As if Thy blessings had spare days,
But such a heart whose pulse may be Thy praise.
~George Herbert


No comments: