Monday, July 07, 2008

Fun at the camp lake

We took Thomas back to camp after church yesterday and got to try out some of the fun activities that he does with the boys at camp all week.

The Blob

The tricky part here is getting on! Kaye braved two misses, slipping off the blob into the lake, before she stayed on and crawled to the end to be rocketed off!

video

I think Joel had the greatest hang time in the air when blobbed by Gary.

video

But Gary was a close second when double-blobbed by Thomas and Andrew.

video

And yes, I did brave the blob. Like Kaye, it took me more than one try to land and stay on it. But no, I will not show you my launch into the air. It was less than graceful!

The zip-line over the lake

video

This was considerably more graceful than the blob flight.

Very fun. Andrew stood by in the boat to help those of us who cautiously made our first trip in harness. I tried it again without the harness, just holding on. No problem.

We are certainly having our share of lake fun and thrills this summer!

2 comments:

the Olsons said...

I don't know, I think Gary might have been higher than Joel! Looks like fun :)

Amber Benton said...

I would like to try the zipline --- such a great noise it made!