Sunday, June 15, 2008

Blog break....

I got back yesterday from the 4th annual Childlight Conference at Gardner Webb University. It was a full couple of days of plenary and breakout sessions and some more relaxed time with homeschoolers, private and public school teachers, academicians, and others who embrace the educational philosophy and methods of Charlotte Mason. It was a rich time.

This afternoon, I head out for a week as a dorm mom and lab assistant for 30 high school girls who are attending an Anatomy and Physiology Camp at Appalachian State University. I'm excited about it, but a little daunted at the prospect of spending the week in the dorm with that many high school girls!!! Yikes. I'm used to high school boys. This will be interesting...

I'll be taking a break from the blog for a bit. See you when I get back.

PS Here's Jonathan's blog address, as mentioned in the previous post.

3 comments:

Jen Unsell said...

We are getting ready to jump into ancient india in our history lessons Beth. I think it's so sweet of Jonathon that he would travel all the way over their to show us some pictures and tell us all about it. Tell him thanks. ;-)

Seriously- looking forward to reading his blog entries!

Sounds like you will be getting a taste of our home this next week! Girls everywhere. LOL! Have fun.

The Glasers said...

Hi, Beth!

Waving to you from South Carolina!

I so loved your talk on Masterly Inactivity in high school. I gave my junior to be the assignment of planning out our art and music composer study next year. He is going to make a spreadsheet that will have one composer and one artist per month (his choice). He will be selecting each pieces for each person. How exciting to see him taking leadership in our homeschooling setting!

RobArm said...

I miss reading your blog posts :-(