Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Morning Thanks

For the beauty of the earth,


61. A lone towhee starts the morning chorus of birdsong as I step onto the front porch in the darkness

62. Cherry blossoms, tulips, candytuft, phlox and vibrant azaleas seem to glow in the very early morning light.


For the beauty of the skies,

63. The air is fresh and sweet smelling.

64. A sliver of a moon hangs in the sky as light begins to tint the sky.


For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,



65. My friend comes out the door to resume our morning walks, after a hiatus for a baby's birth.

66. Shared interests, shared loves, shared lives.


Lord of all to thee we raise,
This our hymn of grateful praise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you've started your Thousand Gifts list! I encouraged my parents to start one, but I have failed to start my own. You've encouraged me to "just start!!!" Thanks Beth! (And yes...don't fall out of your chair...I'm actually reading your blog!)
Love you in person the best though,
Carla

wes mcmurray said...

Beth,
For the Beauty of the Earth is one of my favorite hymns, great words. I've got to keep reading and see what the numbers mean?
Love you,
Jenn