Saturday, February 02, 2008

How many modes of transportation....

can you take in one day? Andrew started out his day yesterday in Beverly, Massachusetts and took the commuter rail to Boson, subway to the bus station, bus to New York City, subway to train station, train to meet Rob, taxi to the airport, airplane to NC, private car home! Whew. One tired boy returned home late last night via many modes after a wonderfully exciting, week long trip in the northeast. And this morning, poor thing, he had to be at work at 8:30.

I am marveling that I was comfortable letting a 17 year old do all that...on his own! But as someone reminded me, if he needed help in New York or Boston, they speak the same language. I guess having traveled in Tibet and Burkina Faso, albeit with a group, he is quite travel saavy. I think this young man will see the world someday. Probably sooner rather than later.

Thank you, Father God, for your watch care over my young man and for bringing him home safely, once again.

No comments: