Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Chicken noodle goodness

For those of you who remember us as a vegetarian family, a better label these days might be flexetarian. We've branched out a bit. I have now made two batches of homemade chicken noodle soup with noodles made from scratch and there's no going back! Mmmm, this soup was good!

Noodle dough rolled thin and ready to cut in strips.



Fresh rosemary - lots went into the soup.


Fresh bay leaves - two went into the soup. I aquired this beauty
with it's glossy leaves back in the fall and find that there's no
comparison with the dry leaves from the store.


Soup's on!

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

YUM! Hope you all are on the mend.

Bonnie

Amber Benton said...

Mmmmm... we've had several versions of chicken soup lately - even with fresh rosemary, but I must say this time around I skipped over the homemade noodles. Have you ever tried freezing your fresh pasta?

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks delicious Beth! We love Chicken noodle soup! Bryans mom has made a family recipe for years called Chicken and noodles where the noodles are homemade. She recently passed the recipe onto me and I can't wait to give it a try.
Love to you all!
Jen Unsell

Melanie said...

OK, Beth. It's time to post a recipe for homemade noodles!!! I love making homemade chicken noodle soup, but I don't make the noodles from scratch. Maybe I should try it...if I had a good recipe! :-)

Hope you all are well...

Ann V.@HolyExperience said...

And the perfect place to come sit for a bit and savor the soup, and rest in the company of a kind friend... amidst her blooms, her smile, her beautiful life, her Lord...

Thank you, Beth... Lovely. Like you.

Joy said...

Mmmmmm....I haven't ventured into the homemade noodles yet, but it's on my long list of things to try! I'll have to do that one with Nathan, since he's the one who has made croissants and wonton wrappers from scratch.

And where did you find the bay leaf plant? That must be great!

Beth said...

The bay plant came from King's Greenhouses down south of Matthews. They had several and they were lovely. There is a wonderful, knowledgeable older man there who helped me pick it out and encouraged me with stories of the wonderful bay plant he has living on his deck. I'm so glad I bought it!