Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Still here

Yes, I'm still here. I've been writing in fits and starts. There are five saved draft posts but nothing finished. Life is busy and the muse seems rather silent. I think it takes more stillness than I've had lately in order to write much. But, just to keep up with what's been going on since Joel's birthday...

Matthew got his braces on. When I turn the palatal expander one crank every morning I feel like I am torturing Matthew, but he is very patient.



Thomas got home from his first semester at Covenant. He did very well and is looking forward to another semester after a nice, long break at home:



We celebrated my dad's 81st birthday. Happy Birthday to Grammie (Coty's mom), too. They were born on the same day, same year, same state, different city.



The oldest...



and the youngest among us...



and the whole gang...



and finally, Jonathan got home from snowy Boston. He now has only one more semester at Gordon and then????? Egypt? Israel? India? Stay tuned!

On another note, we got noticed by Bernie Dekoven, author of Junkyard Sports for my October post on Chunky Baseball. Bernie quoted from my description of the boys' latest made-up game on both Junkyard Sports and DeepFUN. If you're looking for some great game ideas, check 'em out. Matthew and Joel were particularly pleased with the recognition, since they are the incredibly creative game inventors around here.

No comments: