Monday, November 19, 2007

Isabelle and Mr. Coty


The Halls are here and Isabelle and "Mr.Coty" (her name for him) have been having a lot of fun. They go way back...in fact all the way back to Isabelle's birth! Coty arrived at the hospital within the first hour after Isabelle was born and he had the amazing privilege of holding her as a very newborn baby. Karen thinks the bond started then!I think she will always have a special place in his heart because she was the first DGCC baby. She had the #1 nursery tag and she was the first baby dedicated in our church family. Isabelle really loves Mr. Coty and he really loves her! At the Stout's house on Saturday night, Coty had Isabelle and several little ones around him as he read book after book out loud. Then on Sunday, Isabelle told me in Sunday School, "I always look for Mr. Coty." After church, she found him and helped him gather up bulletins, pack up his church box, and get ready to leave. At lunch time, she insisted that she sit next to Mr. Coty. And after lunch, he helped her with watercolor painting. Good grandfather practice!

2 comments:

Jen Unsell said...

Isabelle has gotten so big! I wish I could see The Halls during their time back.

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving with everyone back home Beth! I know you will. I pray it will be a time of great refreshment for all of you guys!

Amber Benton said...

I did a little double take on Sunday when I turned around at the nursery door and almost bumped into Karen! It was good to see them again :)