Thursday, November 29, 2007

Competing in thank you's

As I have said before, the boys around here compete. It took a new twist tonight. After finishing dinner, Matthew said, "Thank you, Mommy."

Then Andrew said, "Thank you Mommy for that marvelous dinner."

Then Joel said, "I'll beat you both!"

Chuckling I asked, "Are you competing for the most thankful thank-you?"

Now that's a competition I am happy to entertain around here!

Final score: Andrew in the lead, because Joel was still eating after the above comments and I left the room. After he got finished, he busied himself washing dishes and forgot. Ooops. I just reminded him and he poured out his thanks. I think points get deducted for late thankfulness, but he probably gets some points for being late because of dishwashing. I'll have to check the rule book!

No comments: