Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Holy in Every Part

What happens today - let us be assured of this - is meant, in the purpose of our loving Father, to make us holy in every part. This making of saints out of sinners is a lifelong business. One of the things that slows it down is our tendency to react to the happenings instead of responding to the Holder of the happenings. He is at work. He knows what He's doing. He asks us to believe in His thoroughly loving purpose........from The Music of His Promises by Elisabeth Elliot


Words I need to hang onto today as I continue to finalize our homeschool plans for the year and deal with the frustration of two last minute class cancellations for my high school senior. Last night, as I went to bed, I was very bummed about this. I stayed up late brainstorming and yes, fretting, and when I finally went upstairs, I needed to read something. I tiptoed to my bedroom bookshelf so I wouldn't awaken my already sleeping husband and pulled off the little book quoted above which is subtitled Listening to God with Love, Trust, and Obedience. How thankful I am, once again, for Elisabeth Elliot, whose words have so often given me hope and courage on this parenting journey. I am praying today for wisdom and creativity for this homeschooling quandary and seeking to respond to the Holder instead of the happenings today.

1 comment:

Ann V.@HolyExperience said...

Oh my.

"to make us holy in every part."

Yes! Please do, Lord!

"One of the things that slows it down is our tendency to react to the happenings instead of responding to the Holder of the happenings."

Oh.
Is that why the process in this heart is so slow?
Reacting instead of responding to the Holder of the happenings.

Ah... yes.
But will I see it again tomorrow?

Remind me, Father, remind me.

Utterly needful... my humble thanks...
Ann