Sunday, July 08, 2007

Home

We're home. It wasn't easy to come home this time. I could have stayed with Erin and Luke up north a whole lot longer. It's just that wonderful up there and that sweet to be with them. But Andy and Laura's wedding this weekend, the third and final wedding of the summer, was a very good reason to come home.

And now the boys are home, too!!!! Thomas and Andrew arrived about 6 this evening. They drove from Orlando today even though they were both a bit sick. It's rather ironic that the whole time in Burkina Faso, they were completely healthy. On the flight back, they had a layover in Atlanta. They ate at an airport restaurant and unfortunately both ended up with the "throw ups" last night and today. Thomas was so eager to drive home today that he bought and drank a whole bottle of Pepto Bismol this morning. That was before he read the directions that said not to take more than four doses in 24 hours! I'm not sure what the after effects of that are going to be, but I'm pretty sure the Pepto is what made him able to drive the 8 and a half hours and get home today. Andrew was feeling too sick to help with any of the driving. He's still a bit punky, but hopefully a good night's sleep, some food that's easy on the stomach, and Gary's dirt flavored Chinese medicine will help.

I am so happy to have my guys home, I am almost giddy. I can't go to sleep which is why I'm sitting here blogging at this late hour. I am so very thankful for their safe travel, but more than that, I am thankful for the ways God has answered our prayers for our young men on this trip. We have seen some of the pictures and heard some of the stories, but there are more to come, I'm sure. I'll have some pictures for you in a day or so. For now, let me just thank those of you who have been praying and and praise my heavenly Father from whom all blessings flow. I feel like I'm being drenched in the downpour of the blessing of these sons, these gifts from God who are stepping out and following Jesus...even to remote places among the poorest of the poor. Yes, I am a very thankful mother this night.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Yipee and Hallelujah! God has truly blessed those two young men more abundantly that we can ask or imagine! I, too, am so thankful that they are home safe and sound! I pray they will feel better this morning!!! Tell them both "Welcome Home" from the Stout's! We love 'em!!!