Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Summer dinner

It's summer!!!! Yeah. Feel the heat. Smell the tomato plants. Hear the cicadas. Tonight's summer dinner features some of the first produce from the garden. We'll be eating...

Steamed veggie salad with a triple basil marinade (Italian, purple, and Thai basil all from the garden)
Roasted red potatos with lemon pepper
Sauteed kale and swiss chard from the garden
Fried green tomatos (I know, I know, I should have left them to ripen but I just couldn't resist and we LOVE fgt's!)
Sliced cucumbers sprinkled with dill with a dollop of sour cream on top
Hot biscuits with the last remnant of Erin's rhubarb sauce
Brownies with vanilla ice cream
Sweeeeet tea

MmmmmMmmmm!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Mmm mmm. And I thought basil was . . . basil.

Laura and Andy said...

Mmmmmmm..... sounds way better than my peanut butter and jelly sandwich i had for dinner!