Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tagged

I was tagged by Kelly. Like her, it is hard for me to think of eight things that at least some of my readers don't know about me, but I'll try. First the rules, though: Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. My favorite candy bar is Almond Joy. My other favorite candy is Necco wafers.
2. I am picky about the mugs I use for coffee and tea (they all have the color blue in them and are nice ceramic), and I don't like flavored coffees or creamers. I do love a good black tea like Lifeboat or Yorkshire Gold.
3. My favorite vacation spot would be a cabin with a porch on a lake in the mountains with a porch for reading, a dock for jumping off of into the lake, and a canoe for exploring.
4. I love to hear owls and coyotes at night. One night on safari in Kenya, I heard hyenas yipping and barking and will never forget the feeling of being close to something so wild.
5. I love art history.
6. I would like to hike the Mountains to the Sea trail across the state of North Carolina.
7. I sang in the Singing Christmas Tree in Greenville, SC, in high school.
8. I started my gardening adventures in college when I helped a group start a community garden in Davidson. Then I worked at a bio-intensive research garden in Palo Alto, CA; then started a market garden in Menlo Park. Next it was on to Kenya and starting a demonstration garden in a slum in Nairobi, then home gardens in Virginia, Massachusetts, Cameroon, and now back to NC, where I first got my hands in the dirt. I love gardening in NC best of all!!

I now tag
Erin and maybe she'll start writing again!
Amber
Michelle
Jacob, Karen, Isabelle, and Ezra
and Sallie

4 comments:

Kelly said...

*phew*
so glad I have that blue ceramic mug my mom gave me...

I'm glad you tagged Erin and Amber!

the Olsons said...

Okay, I'll bite because just this morning I was thinking about needing to start writing again! I think I knew, or would have guessed all those things about you except for maybe #4... but I guess I kind of have a head start on everybody else, huh? ;)

Beth said...

Don't worry, Kelly. I'm only picky about my mug when I'm at home. I'm not that much of a mug snob!

amanda said...

Necco wafers??? Then you MUST make it over to the Kellys’ for a piece of cake before it’s gone! Unless, uh, Nicole … did we eat the whole flower pot? =-(

So Beth, who are your favorite artists?