Sunday, January 07, 2007

Starting the next book

I'm starting my next book this week. I'm not quite finished with Elizabeth Prentiss and I am dreading coming to the end of that first book. I have so much enjoyed becoming reacquainted with this woman whose life story speaks so much to my own. Mind you, I have not endured the kinds of suffering that she did. Nonetheless, her insights are so helpful to me as a wife, mother, pastor's wife, and friend. I don't want her story to come to an end! I'll share some quotes, helps, and insights in the days ahead, but encourage you to read this book sometime this year. You can borrow mine!

But now it's time to start another book. This one will be a "joint read" with my friend, Laura, who is getting married in July. We're reading Love That Lasts: When Marriage Meets Grace by Gary and Betsy Ricucci. I'm looking forward to our coffee time conversations about the book as Laura anticipates her upcoming marriage. What a precious privilege to read and discuss this book together.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I haven't seen this one before. Let me know how it is!