Thursday, December 14, 2006

Another traveling son returns home!!!




Jonathan arrived home last night from his semester in Egypt. His plane from New York was about an hour late, but he got here safe and sound and his luggage all made it, too. Yeah! He was pretty tired. He’d flown from Cairo to Frankfurt to New York to Charlotte so when he got here, he was travel weary and jet lagged. After a bowl of cauliflower cheese soup and some rosemary bread, a hot shower, and a little visiting with everybody, he hit the hay. We are looking forward to seeing his pictures today and hearing more stories over the time he is at home. It is sooooooo good to have him back.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Welcome home, Jonathan!!

Nicole said...

Glad to know he's home safe! I know you are thrilled!

Melanie said...

You look so happy, Beth! I'm sure you're glad to have him home. I would love to hear his stories, too. I've enjoyed reading his blog.

Josh and Dana said...

I agree! Your joy is all over your face! I'm glad you have him home again (he looks happy to be home too).

ed elliott said...

Dear Beth,

Things are slow here at Homeland (in)Security so i treated myself to reading about half of your blog entries since you started last summer...it was sheer delight.

Hey, you can also link to Uncle Eddie's blog http://affectionsfixedabove.blogspot.com/-- it is not near so folksy without comments...and i am committing to much more writing and posting in the new year. I love you--all of you, dear Pinckneys, Eddie