Thursday, November 23, 2006

I'm thankful....

for God's grace poured out for me in love and mercy on the cross, for the Bible; for my dear husband of almost 27 years, for married love that has grown with every year; for six children who fill my heart so full that sometimes I think it will just burst; for my extended family, parents who are loving grandparents, sisters (aunts), brothers (uncles), the cousins of my children who are friends as well as cousins; for my DGCC family and both the joy and the tears of being their pastor's wife; for new friends this year, for steady, faithful ones, and old ones who I've gotten to see this year whose friendship grows more precious for it's depth sustained over the years; for the opportunity to teach my children and see them flourish and branch out to pursue their own interests; for the garden, the cat, the ceramic dishes, the blue teapot, the porch swing, the kitchen table, the rosemary plants, the knitting basket, and all the other little things that make this our home; for football and soccer and healthy athletic boys who love to play with each other; for the cello and music, classical and the other kinds that my boys and friends introduce to me; for walks in the morning; for good books to read; for the fun of cooking; for the hardships that sharpen and friends that walk through them with me; for God's provision at all times. The list goes on. The truth is that...

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Your cup indeed is full with good things, Beth. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.